Friday, May 25, 2007

Spruce and Pine are on my Mind

Well, well.. here I am again. I apologize for the late update, the library was closed on our last day off, and the internet cafe only allowed so much time. Anyway, a lot of fun crazy things have happened these past two shifts, and I guess I'll jump right into them.

First we had this nice and beautiful creamy block, and Dustin cut me a gargantuan piece. The first day started off beautifully with lots of sunshine, until out of nowwhere, hailstones the size of marbles proceeded to pummel me in the face. Lightning was shattering trees, the clouds were dark and unforgiving, yet still I planted those suckers in the ground. What other job can you truly experience mother nature's wrath?

So my predictions were somewhat conclusive.. Alex and Luc just couldn't hack it. Alex decided that rather than plant his last bundle of trees, he'd dig himself a hole and bury the suckers.. unfortunately Dustin was behind him the entire time..so sadly, he got the boot. After trying to convince Luc to stay for hours and hours, he finally made up his mind and decided to hit the old dusty trail. They're both apparently off somewhere in Vancouver camping and spending money.. and it disappoints me that they didn't get to experience the true joys of the treeplanting experience - living in camp. However, on the brighter side of things, they left me a bunch of their groceries and even some socks, and Kirsten is my new roomie - which means I have a roommate who actually cleans up after themselves now - hurrah!

A couple of days ago I almost broke my personal best. Dustin threw Kirsten and I into a massive piece, and we promised eachother to plant 200 by the hour, every hour. Boy oh boy did we ever hustle... and because of our tiresome efforts we both broke 2000 on 14 cent land - boo yeah! I was only 20 trees shy from beating my personal best of 2220.. but I'll conquer it eventually.

Now I'm stuck in a slash-filled crapshow of a piece.. and it should prove to be another hard shift. Other than that, life is good - it finally feels like summer here, and everybody is doing super well.

I'll have more interesting tidbits on my adventures in a week or so.

Cheers,
Jameso

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

jameso my bro - way to tear it up out there! soon you'll be *averaging* 2200 trees, no DOUBT son. and way to stick it out after your wimpy friends couldn't cut it =) keep the updates flowing, i love reading them!
sending you mad love from oxford,
kate

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home