Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My Life: The Crazy Sitcom

Two weeks of splendor in a sunny campsite have passed by at a pleasant pace, and once again we are lodging at the Brothers Motel, for comfortable living and affordable hospitality. I will surely miss the tranquil melodies of the campfire, the cozy sleephaven that is my tent, and the warm breakfasts lovingly prepared for our quivering lips. Yet most of these simple pleasures are more or less made up for with the motel, what with hot showers, television, and warm beds.

Before I ramble on, let me lament about an emotional experience that I witnissed only about a week ago. Our good and trusty trooper of a friend Matt, suffered from a mild form of heat stroke after a hot tepid day on the block. He looked a little rough the next day, and he was still feeling most of the symptons; like nausea, cold sweats and whatnot. The next day he looked a little green, and was complaining about chest pains. Eventually, he told the Celtic Supervisor Rory that he really wasn't feeling well, and that he felt he should have a visit to the hospital. All of us were curious that day of what had happened to him, and we didn't find out until the next day. Apparently Matt suffered a minor heart attack, and he's been laying in bed in the Prince George hospital for a while, all drugged up and forced to stare at a pretty mural. I can't say I've ever had a friend who's had a heartattack, and it's a little scary and strange. We went to go visit him and we gave him our best wishes, as well as his prized possession (his gameboy DS) and a book to keep his mind off of things. It was a touching yet stirring moment.. and I really felt sorry for the guy. However, I hear through the slashy grapevine that he's doing alright, and he's been shipped to Vancouver for some tests - he also tells Cody that he'd like to come back and plant some more once he's fully recuperated, and for that reason Matt - you are a true planter with the cajones of a mad bull - right on good buddy. We miss ya! Get well soon.

In other less unfortunate news, things have gone well work wise on the block. All of our crew is pulling their weight - even when excessively hungover/drunk - such as the day after Jarret's 19th birthday. The man had almost 19 shots of hard liquor, including the deathly Prarie Fire - and he was slammered and yammered to no avail - it was great. Please excuse my overexcessive use of hyphens.. I just feel like today's more of a "casual grammar" type of day.. if you know what I mean. Anyway, we only have a couple days and a half before the break - which is both rock-awesomely sweet, and bad, cause it might be a long one (like a couple weeks). I might look for some work for one week, and then there has been talk of visiting Cathedral Grove near Victoria Island, to camp out and look at some really awesome and ginormagantic trees! I can't wait to chill on a beach too.

Anyway, I'm planting hard as ever.. and the summer contract is slowly approaching right around the corner, which means jungle planting and noseeums... uggh.

'till next time,
Screefer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home